40th Anniversary ORCHID FAIR
APRIL 7 9, 2017
Spring has sprung and the Orchid Society of Alberta is proud to announce their 40th Annual Orchid Fair in the Moonflower Room at the Hole's Greenhouses in St. Albert (101 Riel Drive), April 7 9, 2017.
- Celebrating the hobby of orchid growing for 40 years, Orchid Fair has become the largest of its kind in Canada.
- With over 15,000 square-feet of display space in the Moonflower Room, the Orchid Fair has something for every enthusiast, from beginner plants to the rare and exotic.
- The Orchid Fair also includes displays, art and photography, and a variety of workshops for budding and expert growers alike.
- With 15 vendors confirmed thus far, this years fair will feature 7 Albertan, 4 national and 4 international vendors. More to be announced! Please visit the Orchid Society website for a list of vendors accepting pre-orders.
- A team of accredited judges from the American Orchid Society (AOS) will be present to adjudicate the 500 flowering plants on display and confer prestigious AOS awards upon worthy flowers.
This year's fair will also feature a special installation by Calgary based artist Dale Cote. In an amazing example of "upcycling," Cote fashions extremely intricate looking orchids out of discarded metal objects. The 2.5 x 2.5 metre project took over 4000 hours to create, and is a photo opportunity that should not be missed!
Orchid Fair runs:
April 7, noon 8pm;
April 8, 10am 5pm;
April 9, 10am 4pm.
Admission is $10, parking is free, and children under 12 are free.
For more information about Orchid Fair and the Orchid Society of Alberta, please visit www.orchidsalberta.com, follow @OrchidSocietyAB on Twitter or visit www.facebook.com/orchidsocietyofalberta/ on Facebook.